WindHorses offers beginning and intermediate riders an intensive week of riding and all things horse-related in a fun, safe environment.
We want your child to have fun, learn riding and horse management and to have a heart-felt experience with horses and their peers.
Camp is held from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. (Aftercare is available).
Campers ride, learn horse management, learn and practice natural horsemanship, and practice exercises to improve balance and coordination.
We divide campers by age and experience into small groups to provide greater individual attention.
- Riding: Campers enjoy a minimum of 1 hour riding instruction each day in a group suitable to age and level.
- Basic Horse Management: Proper grooming, leading, and tacking up a horse. Campers learn body parts, colors and markings, and basic horse care such as feeding, shoeing and hoof care.
- Basic Natural Horsemanship: Campers will ride how to handle the horses on the groom, how to develop partnership with their horses and a series of games that enhance the riders’ confidence levels and skills sets through unmounted work.
- Vaulting: Work on balance and coordination through gymnastics exercises while the horse is on a lunge line. Vaulting helps campers develop a “solid seat” while building confidence.
- Trail Rides: Riders improve their balance, rhythm and sense of feel as they ride on beautiful trails and take in the beauty of the Snoqualmie Valley. These rides are favorites among the campers.
- Games on Horses: Another great way to improve balance and steering while having fun. Riders challenge themselves and others as they compete in safe and fun games Arts and crafts and other activities.
- Jumping: For those riders will more experience and established position, jumping will be taught ! The minimum age for camp is 6 years. Camps are open to riders of all levels.